by Alan Ho, Director of Marketing, Asia Pacific, TIBCO Software
Everyone knows that analytics is the new competitive battleground. Businesses that take advantage will be the leaders; those that do not will fall behind.
But if you ask your analytics teams, your data scientists, business analysts, BI applications developers, and more, what is their bigger barrier to success? Their universal reply is data, data, data.
- And their analytic data desires are clear. They want:
- Any and All Data – Any dataset we might need, from anywhere and everywhere.
- Anytime Data – Datasets should be up-to-the-minute and available whenever we need them.
- Accurate Data – Datasets should be trustworthy, with lineage back to its source.
- Easy Data – Datasets should be able to easy to find, understand, access, combine, and use.
- Agile Data – Whenever a brand new dataset is required, help us quickly meet this need.
TIBCO® Data Virtualization is a proven solution to the analytics data bottleneck. Recommended by Gartner and Forrester as must-have additions to your data and analytics portfolio, only data virtualization lets you build and manage the datasets your analytics require, with the breakthrough speed and cost-effectiveness your business demands.
Here are twelve ways that TIBCO’s best-in-class data virtualization solution can help you fulfill your analytics data requirements sooner.
1. Business Directory Makes Data Easier to Find – Your analytics teams can easily search, categorize, and consume IT-curated datasets using TIBCO Data Virtualization Business Directory. By encouraging analytic dataset sharing and reuse, you can accelerate analytics projects as well as reduce data engineering workloads. Further, by adding a complete catalog such as TIBCO Spotfire Smart Data Catalog, you can extend available datasets beyond those managed by TIBCO Data Virtualization.
2. Data Abstraction Makes Data Easier to Understand – TIBCO Data Virtualization’s powerful data abstraction capabilities simplify your complex data, transforming it from native structure and syntax into common business semantics that are easier for your analytics teams to understand and analyze. More focused on business problem solving, your business analysts will particularly appreciate this business view of your data.
3. Integrated Security Controls Data Access – TIBCO Data Virtualization provides myriad fine-grained security capabilities including authentication, authorization encryption, and masking, to leverage your existing security investments (LDAP, Active Directory, and Kerberos), standards (SAM, NTLM, TLS, and WSS), and policies. Your analytics users access sanctioned data only, no more, no less.
4. Adapters Broaden Data Access – Over 100 TIBCO Data Virtualization adapters provide a wide range of data source connectivity for databases, files, big data, cloud sources, packaged applications, and more. Beyond schema-to-schema only connectivity, TIBCO Data Virtualization adapters work hand in hand with data source optimizers to ensure accurate queries and the highest possible performance. With more data than ever to work with, your analytics teams can uncover new insights.
5. Quality Ensures Trusted Data – TIBCO Data Virtualization provides a range of profiling, standardization, conformance, enrichment, augmentation, and validation capabilities to give your analytics teams data they can trust. And when master data is an important part of your analysis, you can use TIBCO Data Virtualization in concert with TIBCO MDM to deliver an even higher level of quality to further improve that trust.
6. Data Governance Maximizes Control – TIBCO Data Virtualization lineage, where-used, logging, and more provide complete visibility, traceability, and control over your analytic datasets. Developers of BI applications such as financial reporting, compliance, etc., will especially value this extra level of governance.
7. Data Federation Provides the Complete Picture – TIBCO Data Virtualization’s federated query engine integrates your analytic datasets virtually. This provides your analytics teams with the complete picture, without the time, cost and rigidity of physical data consolidation. For example, to provide richer analyses, your IoT analytics developers will appreciate the opportunity to combine real-time data streams with IT-curated datasets.
8. Query Optimization Ensures Timely Business Insight – TIBCO Data Virtualization advanced query optimizers and algorithms, the fastest in the industry, provide the up-to-the-minute datasets your analytics teams require. With TIBCO Data Virtualization, they no longer need to wait for the nightly data warehouse refresh.
9. Studio Accelerates New Dataset Development and Analytics Time-to-Solution – Your data engineers use TIBCO Data Virtualization Studio to quickly model data new datasets, build transformations, optimize queries, manage resources, and more. Easy to learn and use, Studio’s graphical modeling environment, along with powerful code editors, speed new dataset development and thus your analytics time-to-solution. And if these datasets require further preparation, tools such as TIBCO Spotfire Data Wrangling let your teams quickly make these additional tweaks.
10. Caching Supports Analytic Sandboxing – When your analytics teams require specialized analytics sandboxes, TIBCO Data Virtualization caching can load needed datasets into over a dozen distinct analytic databases including Greenplum, HSQLDB, DB2, SQL Server, Netezza, Oracle, SAP HANA, Sybase, Teradata, Vertica, and more. This can be especially valuable for data scientists who frequently leverage fit-for-purpose analytics sandboxes.
11. Standard Data Delivery Interfaces Support Multiple Analytics Solutions – TIBCO Data Virtualization supports all the most popular analytic data delivery interfaces including ADO.Net, Hadoop, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SOAP, and more. Sharing datasets across both your analytics solutions helps maximize your return on TIBCO Data Virtualization investments.
12. Scalability Supports Multiple Lines of Business, Hundreds of Projects, and Thousands of Analytics Users – TIBCO Data Virtualization is enterprise-grade software proven at the some of the world’s most complex, high-volume data and analytics environments. As a result, TIBCO Data Virtualization can support your analytics data workloads at any scale, from project to enterprise.
- March 2019(58)
- February 2019(67)
- January 2019(77)
- December 2018(46)
- November 2018(48)
- October 2018(76)
- September 2018(55)
- August 2018(63)
- July 2018(74)
- June 2018(64)
- May 2018(65)
- April 2018(76)
- March 2018(82)
- February 2018(65)
- January 2018(80)
- December 2017(71)
- November 2017(72)
- October 2017(75)
- September 2017(65)
- August 2017(97)
- July 2017(111)
- June 2017(87)
- May 2017(105)
- April 2017(113)
- March 2017(108)
- February 2017(112)
- January 2017(109)
- December 2016(110)
- November 2016(121)
- October 2016(111)
- September 2016(123)
- August 2016(169)
- July 2016(142)
- June 2016(152)
- May 2016(118)
- April 2016(60)
- March 2016(86)
- February 2016(154)
- January 2016(3)
- December 2015(150)